Sunday, May 17, 2009

Practice What You Preach

Okay, here's my first chance to take my own advice, and believe me it is harder than it seems. I am currently pecking away on my keyboard with only my index fingers. Why am I pecking, do you ask? Well, let me tell you...

Friday night I was playing a nice friendly game of soccer and football with my family (yes, both at the same time, man I'm talented). I knew I should have stayed within my skill level: soccer with the four-year-old, but I could not resist showing off my football catching abilities to my husband, who justifiably thinks that I am a total wimp. Short story really short, I caught the ball, and then promptly dropped it when one of my fingers was crushed by the impact. So, either my husband is a pro-football player in disguise or I really am the biggest wimp ever.

Anyway, the reason I am pecking on the computer instead of typing...I have a broken finger, and I am headed to an orthopedic surgeon to have the damage to my tendon evaluated. OUCH! This may not seem very serious to anyone else, but just imagine cooking three meals, washing three loads of dishes and four loads of laundry, giving two baths, and fixing three sets of long hair. Now imagine doing it with one hand behind your back. Okay, I think you are starting to get the picture. By the way, my mother-in-law is out of town and my husband is going to his brother's for five days. Also, I am headed on a road trip to Missouri in three days with the four kids. My question is...how does one wash, fold, and pack several loads of laundry with only one hand? Yes, I believe this is a question that only the truly wise can answer.

My last post was about trusting God and looking at the glass as half full. So here I go to follow my own advice:
-I felt led not to take any classes this summer, so my inability to write legibly should not be an issue.
-My kids are all out of diapers and can mostly dress themselves. Can you imagine if this had happened four years ago? Yikes!
-Great health insurance means I can afford to get treatment when I need it.
-Sympathy donations of brownies and other baked goods.
~~Okay, so I made that up. :)
-Having numbness on my right side from MS means I can get by without taking painkillers.
~~Wait, no painkillers? Not fair. :(

So, there's my glass half full...woops, I just broke the glass. Note to self, don't carry dishes with a splinted hand. Okay, so the glass is empty. At least I didn't cut myself cleaning up the broken glass. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment