Friday, October 23, 2009

Hope for the Future

Man, this has been a rough day, month, year. Today I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. For those of you that don't know, that means I am in pain every day--and there isn't much my doctor can do to help. Having been diagnosed with MS in February and now with fibro, I am really starting to get sick of this body falling to pieces. My husband jokingly calls me a lemon because every time I turn around something else is broken...on me, not the car. :)

One of the things that we studied in my recent Theology class is that the salvation we receive through Jesus' death on the cross has many applications besides the gift of eternal life. Salvation also takes place in this life when God heals the sick, feeds the poor, and sets people free from the captivity of sin. I experience God's salvation every day when He gives me the strength to accomplish everything He has planned for me, despite my physical limitations.

With God's help, I continue to have the strength to attend school and take care of my kids. And on my bad days, when I feel completely miserable physically, there is one thought that I continue to cling to. Someday I will leave this broken down heap of a body behind and receive a new body. Wonder if I can get a Corvette this time? Or at least a Mustang?

1 comment:

  1. What ever it is, it won't be a lemon, that's for certain!

    2 Chronicles 15:7 states that......
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

    Now that is the good news that we can cling to!
    Hang in there Dianna, I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete