Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Incarnation!


I opened up my computer this morning and jumped on facebook with the intention of posting the following status update: 5 loads of laundry, 4 baths to give, 3 kinds of cookies, 2 families to wrap for, and a turkey in the oven. (Now read it again, but this time sing it!)

Festive, right? And a fun way for me to vent about my busy day. Before I posted, however, I took a quick glance at my friends' posts from this morning. I skimmed over gift updates and holiday wishes before screeching to a halt in front of this post:

"The greatest man in History, Jesus, had no servants, yet they called Him Master, had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher, had no medicines, yet they called Him Healer, had no army, yet kings feared Him, won no military battles, yet He conquered the world, committed no crime, yet they crucified Him... He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. Repost if you believe in your heart HE is the REASON for the SEASON"

Wow. Talk about a reality check. Christmas isn't about my busy day. It's not even about spending time with family, although that is one of the perks. Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth. The birth of a man who changed the world, giving his life in exchange for ours.

Needless to say, rather than posting my version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas," I copied and posted the quote about Jesus. Enjoy your time off work. Enjoy being with your family. You can even enjoy exchanging gifts with your loved ones. But please don't forget to celebrate the babe whose birth was heralded by an angel of the Lord:

"I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you, he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger" (Luke 2:10-12).

Merry Incarnation!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent-yes a lot of us have business today-but let us walk and sing in joyous celebration of our Savior's Birth as we move through our chores : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dianna, I have been feeling sorry for myself today, feeling ill (again) and grumbling that I still had to wrap presents....but your story reminded me of the true reason for the season and what that gift is to me. God Bless you and all that you do and go through. Know that I love you dearly and I cannot wait to see you and hug you tomorrow.
    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete